Sunday, September 30, 2007

Vacation Photos 9-26

Whale watching. It didn't go well for me. If you ever go on one of these tours, here are my tips:
1. Don't take small children. They were sick before we ever left the bay.

2. If the captain announces that it was windy at sea the night before and waves are large and they give you the option of getting your money back or scheduling a later date, take his advice.


I did okay on the way out, but as soon as the boat stopped, I got really sick...or the Mary Kate and Ashley diet as we've been calling it. I don't ever remember feeling that bad in my life. I saw a whale 2 times and after that, lost interest. I had taken some dramamine, but it didn't work, Matt didn't take any and of course, he was fine. He got a lot of pictures for me to see later, I still really can't look at the pictures, it brings back too many bad memories. On the way back to Bar Harbor, they were playing some music and one song went something like:


Oh me, Oh my, I think I'm gonna die, I wish I had never taken this little excursion around the bay.


Over half the people on the watch got sick. Matt had to keep getting me more bags. The staff on the boat was great, though. Glad I don't have that job. The canceled the afternoon watch since ours was so rough.


Here's the before picture. I don't look too bad. We didn't take an after, thank goodness.



Whale.


That afternoon we went back to Acadia and saw the Bass Harbor Head Light.


1 comment:

Michael said...

Ok, so whale watching is off my list of thnigs to do....