Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Redneck Riviera here we come!!

This year is my high school reunion. Since I graduated from good 'ol McDonald County, my best friend and I decided that we wouldn't be going to this event a long time ago. Instead, we planned on a vacation. First, we planned on Vegas, but she wanted to visit her grandparents in Florida and wanted to visit Matt's grandparents in Alabama, so Florida was what we decided on. We have a few friends coming, one from WA and one from TX, so it should be fun. Plus we don't have to see any of the people we didn't care for in high school. She's been super busy at her new job, so I've been trying to plan it. If you been to Panama City before and stayed at a nice condo, let me know, I'm still trying to decide where we're going to stay.

Yesterday started out really bad, I spilled coffee on my brand new cream-colored sweater getting in the car and didn't notice until I got to work, then spilled it again. I had a Tide pen, so it mostly came out. It was really slow at work yesterday. But last night I walked the dogs, did some laundry, made dinner, filed our taxes and finished the book I was reading. So much for going to bed early! At least I got a lot stuff done, which always makes me feel better the next morning when I leave for work before Matt's even out of bed.

I'm also looking for some feedback on what type of hard flooring we should get. I've checked in to bamboo and reviews say it scratches. I've also thought of Cork, which I like, but not sure about the cost of the product, plus the coats of polyurethane that most people say you need to put over it. Does anyone have dogs and laminate, like Pergo? I like the stained concrete and Tim and Genessa's but not sure who ever looks at our house if we sell would like it as much as I do, and I've almost slid and fell on what they put in the entry at the office. I don't want to replace the carpet, I think carpet is terribly disgusting and can't wait to get rid of it.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Nice condos in destin not so much, but there is a really nice pubic paark on the beach that has camp sites and really nice beaches. The campsite in destin I liked better becuase you were just down a curvey boardwalk to the beach. And the beach was big and NO one on it. So if you are looking for a mile or so of semi private beach I would look there. That is if you can talk your firiends into camping. Genessa allen, keisha and I went and we stayed in a hotel most of the time we were there and Then camped one day at the beginging of the week in Destin and another day in Panamacity. The camping was like $20 for a campsite. there are websites for the campgrounds they are state run i think.

As far as flooring goes. I like concrete (if matt does the hard stuff it would be cheap for you guys) I also like bamboo's look but have not seen much of it installed so don't know how durable it is. I would not do laminate, fake wood and dog nails creates a walking on plastic sound that is unbearable.

T

Dana said...

We use Cherry hardwood, and our big dog doesn't scratch it at all. I'd stay away from the cheap stuff; it's your floor. It needs to last!