Saturday, July 5, 2008

Another Greyhound update.



Matt calls the black greyhound "rat dog". It really does behave like a rat. It scurries around, runs away when we want to pick it up, and looks at you with big frightened eyes no matter how nicely we talk to her. Her name is Pie, as in Sweetie Pie, not Pi, like 3.14. They are constantly underfoot, when cooking dinner the other night, 4 dogs in the kitchen were too many. With Abby and Remy, I at least know they are there but I've tripped alot over the others. Matt created me a baby gate by opening two cabinet doors and hanging a walmart bag in the middle. It actually worked. We are working on making Abby and Remy stay out of the kitchen when I'm cooking, Abby was counter surfing tonight and got a piece of pizza.
The tan and white dog has had 4 accidents in the house so far. I think I've picked up more dog crap off the carpets and rugs in the past week than I did the entire time I was housetraining Remy. I don't understand why they always go on the carpet or rugs: Most of our house is either tile or laminate. Thursday evening, I was getting ready to leave to have dinner with friends and was in the bathroom getting ready while all the dogs where eating, all seperately, of course. I went into the guest room to get the greyhounds and Jackson had pooped in the floor. I had previously not been able to prove which dog it was, but since he was the only one in there, I went to get him to show him what he had done and give a stern "NO!" I carried him in the bedroom, set him down on the floor while holding his collar so he didn't run away. He flipped over on his back, had his four legs wrapped around my arm and peed on me. I cannot even begin to tell you how mad I was. So, I had to get the mess cleaned up as well as myself. I'll be glad when these dogs go home on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Allen said...

If you were truly an ubergeek you would have carried pi out was past 3.14.