Thursday, October 18, 2007

So far this week....

Wednesday I got a migraine at work and come home about 9:30. I was nauseous when I left and I barely made it home. I didn't make it inside. There's not many things more embarrassing than getting sick in your front yard in business clothes at 9:30 in morning. I was mortified. I hope no one was home to see me. Matt said he thinks the whale watching trip broke me, I haven't been the same since.



Other news: The laptop search continued these week. We ordered one from officedepot.com, Matt checked on it yesterday afternoon, it showed to be in Memphis but the were recalling it to the shipper. Apparently, Office Depot doesn't hire people who enter correct information in the computer because they got his name wrong, which caused our credit card company to reject the charge. And the got his phone number wrong so the couldn't call him back. Matt called them and complained about it, the dude insisted that it would all work out, billing probably wouldn't go through and to refuse the package when UPS delivered it. WRONG again, Sparky. Between last night and this morning, they got the charge to go through and it was out of delivery. FAN-TAB-U-LOUS. Especially since we ordered another one from NewEgg.com last night. (Once you know, you NewEgg). So, Matt called Office Depot again and complained, I think this is really funny because he is so laid back and non-confrontational. They weren't much help except telling us to reject it when it delivered. Matt called UPS, they were able to stop it and it's on it way back. I'm guessing their online endeavor is not what is keeping the company afloat.



This is ALMOST as good as the Walmart.com shelf ordeal I went through in May. First, Walmart.com shipped it to the wrong store. It ended up in Tulsa. The second time they shipped it, it was supposed to come straight to the house since it was there problem, UPS delivered it to Walmart DC in Bentonville, which was the "ship from" address. Matt had to track it down to some DC down the street from his office, so I finally got it. Who runs these online companies? A bunch of Monkeys?



1 comment:

Michael said...

hahahhaha......... that is soooooo funny...... i just love seeing how other "transportation" entities handle their business......