Friday, March 7, 2008

I caught a...

Weimaraner at the office on Wedneday, along with my lovely assistant and very good friend, Kim. A co-worker came back from lunch and said there was a weim in the parking lot and wanted to know if mine could have gotten out. It would have been quite a feat for Abby and Remy to bust out of their crate and the house but I had to go look. Not mine, but he was cute. He was in the front on the building and started heading toward 540 so I got him to come over to me and Kim went to get a collar and leash out of her car (a pink one since her dogs are female, I don't the weim appreciated it, though). There's really nothing more embarrassing that kneeling down and trying to call the dog to me when the VP of the company walks by. Nice, huh? He was really sweet and mellow (so not my dogs) and liked to lean against our legs. Security had already called animal control so they came and got him. I called yesterday to check on him and he was still at the Lowell PD. No one had claimed him yet, he looked to be in good shape, so I think he escaped from his backyard. There is a man that I work with that wants him when he comes up for adoption, but if he can't take him, I might go bust him out of jail and see if the Weim rescue will help us find him a forever home.



We paid off the Saturn last week! So now we only have the house left.



The floors are laminate. They are wonderful! Easy to clean and are working out well with the dogs, well, after they adjusted to walking on them. Remy got excited the other when I was getting them ready for a walk and all 4 legs slid out from under him and he slid right into the kitchen cabinets. But he was so focused on the walk, he didn't care.

No comments: