Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just thinking..

Some things Matt and I have have been thinking about and discussing. We're black sheep. Of our families, my work and everywhere. Our jobs get in the way and when we're off work we have so many other things to do, it feels like there is time for nothing else. Some days I feel just like giving up, and staying home with dogs. I've worked at Hunt for 3 1/2 years and never made any friends, or long term friends. I talk to my co workers every day but wouldn't consider them friends, only Kim and I've only gotten to know her recently. Matt and I are just different, even with our families. Maybe this is normal. Some days I miss hanging out with all our friends when we went to The Grove, but that was college or shortly after, before we got married and this might be a part of growing up. Mabye Matt's just too geeky. But that's okay, he's lot fun to be around.

I have been reading a book that I borrowed from another dog lover and good friend:



I'm absolutely amazed at the junk that goes into a lot of pet food and I'm only on chapter 4. We only gave Remy the "bad" food briefly right after we got him, he started getting spotted fur, so we switched him to Canidae which cleared it up. And I always thought the better the food, the less poo I have to pick up, which, after giving them a bag of the cheaper junk a few months back, proved to true in our backyard. I'll probably started making them treats, since the "good" ones are expensive and Remy thinks he needs one after he comes in from outside in the evenings and everytime someone goes into the garage. Who said dogs aren't smart? Remy has it figured out. So, if you are interested in what you are feeding your pet, or think you might be feeding your pet, you should check out this book, I'll probably return this one and just purchase one for myself. Don't read it if you have a weak stomach.

People commened on the Robomower. Walmart.com and Sears.com both have them. Plus there are other companies that make similar machines like Lawnbots. Someone said to us tonight that they wanted a robot that dusted. Me too. That would be awesome. Since we got the new floors we haven't used to roomba as much, I think Matt might be eyeing it to make a battlebot. That was a good show, they should bring it back.

2 comments:

Ratcliffe said...

We sit around our house by ourselves ALOT. We need to get into the practice of calling each other and hanging out more often.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Hey...you guys are awesome. You are not Black Sheep. Maybe other people around you are. Even thought of that. Matt is not too geeky. You guys are so great, it's too bad we don't live closer, I'd like to hang out sometime! Blessings!